Dec 16, 2014

TP Christmas Tree


This years christmas tree is a little different from other trees. We kind of started a new family tradition making non-traditional christmas trees fro the holidays with our Pixel Christmas Tree from last year. Since i'm a crafter I keep a lot of stuff other people would throw away, for instance toilet paper rolls. There are so many things you can make with tp rolls, and one of the things is this christmas tree! I found the idea searching the web on this blog and got started right away.
Like many others I would imagine I watch TV or listen to stuff while I craft. This time it was The Hobbit- The Desolation of Smaug on BluRay to get me in the mood for the third part of the Hobbit trilogy. I started by following the tutorial and cutting my tp rolls into even strips and folding them in various ways. To hold them together I used glue and paper clips.

I ended up with 9 "tp flowers" and one cone for the top.

If I would have stopped here the tree would have looked like this. Pretty cool, but not enough colour and glitter for the holidays for me!


The next step which isn't in the original tutorial is to paint the "flowers". It was quite a mess! Maybe it was partly because I was watching Lost while painting and I wasn't paying too much attention on where the paint went.

I also used glitter paints to decorate the individual "flowers" after the green paint was dry enough. Not it's time to put the tree together again!
There we go! It's just right for our small apartment and it definitely doesn't needle. Do you have a real tree or an alternative or maybe none at all? I'd love to see how other people with small spaces or non-traditional beliefs decorate for the holidays.

This post will be part of Nina's Upcycling Tuesday and the Creadienstag.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...